Saturday, February 15, 2014

The blog-venture begins!

You may be asking yourselves, why did we call this blog "ThermoSciBloga"? It's a reference to an event that happened during the experience we will tell you throughout our Science Journal, so keep reading!

This blog was made by four 6th graders for their 4th Quarter CEO in Science. They did this to show everyone that the subject itself and Science field trips could actually be fun and exciting. They will show what they learned and their experiences in the 6th graders' field trip to the Pawikan Conservation Center and the Bataan Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP). In addition, a lot of things that happened in the bus and beach will also be in this blog, like our "selfie marathon". After reading our entries and looking at our pictures and videos, you would be able to imagine how blessed the country is to have these kind of places, and surely, you'd want to go there. So get ready for the blog of your life!

These 6th graders are to be known as Jinx, Pommy, Daisy and AIM!

Pommy, the Star

Hey! You can call me Pommy. Im a graduating student from my friends' and my school, The Learning Tree Child Growth Center or TLTCGC. I'm an extrovert, interpersonal, and fun kind of person. Im not the person who stays indoors and plays computer or surfs the internet, unless I can have a nice cup of hot chocolate with the cool breeze of rain pouring outside while reading a good book. I'm an outdoor person, who loves going on adventures and plays games! In class, I'm known as the one who desires to always be the Star in everything, owning the stage and stealing the limelight from everyone. Therefore, I love performing theatre, which is what I will pursue in life as my career. 

To be honest, I joined this blog because it was required for our CEO for Science class. However, I've always wanted to make a blog, and now is my chance. Even better, I get to make one with my friends: Jinx, Daisy, and AIM! 

Science. The subject I've always dreaded for since the day my 1st Grade teacher taught my class about it. A million terms, processes, facts, names, and whatnot! I wasn't even fond of this subject, unlike the smart ones who even dream of one day being a scientist. On the contrary, as the years went by, I've reinvented the way I look at this hell-of-a subject. I learned things I never knew or thought about which eventually became interesting to me. I learned a number of the branches of science, which very much gives me fat knowledge. Personally, my favorite branch of Science is Geology because I love nature; moreover, it seems like I'm exploring the world just learning about it, in which exploring is one of my hobbies. Several events, activities, and projects are held in Science in our school; what adds to the fun is our irreplaceable Science teacher, The Urban Guru. Science Week, Quiz Tree, Editorial Writing Contest, Poem Writing Contest, Slogan Making Contest, Investigatory Project, ThermoSci Dama, and many more are the suspenseful events that happen in Science. I'm truly grateful for Science because of how it keeps us alive in its ways, and the awesome things I have learned from it.



Daisy, the Dreamer

I am "Daisy", a student from 6-Almaciga. I am sometimes really noisy and talkative but I try to keep quiet most of the time. I enjoy English, PE, Science and Math at times. I've been in Teacher Rye's Science class since 5th grade but sadly, this will be my last. Science class is always funny because of Teacher Rye's jokes. It's also fun because Teacher uses PowerPoints, and not the usual whiteboard and marker. So there are lots of pictures and videos during lectures. An example is the short clip with Chewy for our field trip to the Pawikan Conservation Center and BNPP, which we will write about in this blog. I was never actually good in Science but since Teacher adds all the little facts and information to the power points, they make it easier to understand our lessons. So thank you Teacher Rye for taking lots of your time to prepare our hand outs, lessons, activities, and tests! Also, we hope you like our blog!

Jinx, the Crazed

I am Jinx, who is more or less, a well-rounded student. At times, I can be extremely annoying, loud and obnoxious, but you'll eventually learn to love me, especially if I've been with you for 3 years. I often see's myself good in academics, yet my grades never say the same nevertheless, I enjoy discussions in Science, Math, History and a lot others. My favorite branch in Science is astronomy, as the Universe and space always keeps me thinking. I believe that we are not the only ones in this Universe; that there has to be someone else out there. I can write well, despite by the fact that my handwriting can be compared to a 2nd Grader's, and I seek to always learn more. I also often have deep conversations with friends, which probably explains why I like astronomy. I currently am the Damath champion, and God of the Year. Teacher Rye has the discussions that interest me the most, second being History. The effort he puts on making PowerPoints, handouts and summarizing everything so minds like mine can understand, is quite outstanding. I appreciate the work Teacher Rye put's on his lessons and discussions. I hope you find something interesting in our blog, and that you'll learn something from it!

AIM, the Agent

I am “Aim”, a 6th grade student from Teacher Rye’s Science Class. Teacher Rye has been my teacher since I was 5th grade. I enjoy being in Teacher Rye’s class because of all the fun and jokes we make in class. Teacher Rye teaches all of us students very well. I like doing fun things. I also enjoy being a student of TLT because of all the fun activities and fieldtrips such as our fieldtrip to the Pawikan Center and BNPP. I joined in making this blog so we could talk about what happened in the fieldtrip to the Pawikan Center and BNPP, but not only that but the fun we had in the bus. I don’t really have any awards from Science, or even have the highest grade in class. Although, I got 2nd from an activity we did last quarter we did which was really fun. So please check our blog, we hope you like it!


We hope you enjoy our little corner in the internet, and that you get to learn a thing or two from us! Happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, hi there! Here is your score for your very first blog entry:

    Content - 15/15
    Coherence - 5/5
    Creativity - 5/5
    Voice - 5/5
    Mechanics - 4/5
    Text Layout - 5/5
    Graphics & Multimedia - 4/5
    Intellectual Honesty - 5/5

    TOTAL: 48/50

    Your blog is very refreshing to the eyes because of the color that you've used; it's easy to read. The layout is perfect and the use of font, font size, color, and other technical aspects are commendable.
    However, I got confused with Jinx's statement: "I often see's himself". Also Jinx spelled PowerPoint right and Daisy did not. Try adding graphics to your post as well. Link the blogging project logo to the main site. I'm looking forward for another fun post next time!

    P.S. Your teacher also appreciates well that you know how to appreciate his craft. Thank you also!

    For that, here's the best blog post badge for you! Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete